Did you know that every day, people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube? The total number of hours users are watching on YouTube each month is up 50% year over year.
Are you missing out on this community where your potential customers are hanging out or are you leveraging it to grow your business?
Why Video Marketing?
The research is in, and video is a highly effective medium to convey your message. It allows you to establish far more rapport than just text or audio, and it keeps them engaged in your message longer.
Businesses we’ve worked with have reported that customers come into their business saying they feel like they’ve known the business owner for years even though they’ve never met. This statement is after watching just one or two videos!
Now that’s powerful!
Rather than just giving a huge page of text that your consumer has to read, video allows you to convey the same message in a format they are used to. The average person in the US watches 3-5 hours of TV a day, this means they are accustomed to this form of communication.
What Types of Videos Are Available?
Each video is as unique as each type of business. However, there are only a handful of styles. The most common are:
- Talking Head – This type of video is where a person is speaking directly to the camera. Most of the time, you can see either from their waist up or their chest up. These are pretty basic, but they work great for small businesses that want to connect on a personal level with their customers.
- Tour – These videos are great for a business that has a facility to show off, for example, a golf course. For businesses that have amenities that will impress their customers, these videos can be a great option.
- Interview – Everyone has seen this type of video; it’s most common on interview shows like Dateline and the evening news. Interview videos are great for businesses that are real experts in their industry because you are given the opportunity to showcase your expertise.
- Product Demo – Does your business have a physical product? Then this video can be great for you. By showing potential customers the quality of your product and how it works they can feel more comfortable about making a purchase decision.
- Commercial – This type of video will showcase the best aspects of your business. These are the types of videos you usually see on a businesses homepage. The video will tell you a bit about the business and showcase why customers should choose them. These videos should be 30-90 seconds max because that is all the longer most people will watch.
- Teaching – In this type of video you are educating a potential customer about a topic that you are knowledgeable. By helping them understand more about your industry you are demonstrating your expertise. Another great benefit is that people will appreciate your help and will be more likely to choose you when they are ready to buy.
There are more types of videos. However, these are the most common. Of course, you can combine a few different elements to create a highly engaging video.
What is the Process?
The first step is to determine the type of video you want; we can help you decide this based on your industry and purpose of the video. Next is the storyboarding where we decide what we will and won’t include in the video. You will only have a limited amount of time to keep the audience’s attention, which is why it’s important to cover the most important pieces.
The script is the next step in the process; this can be very detailed (word for word), or it can be bullet points of topics you will be covering. Once the script is done, shooting can begin. Depending on the type of video, this can be quick or take a few hours, either way this step is typically completed in one day.
Lastly, comes the editing step. You typically won’t have to be involved until the editing is complete, but occasionally we will need input while putting together the video. Once the editing is complete, you will have the opportunity to review the video and decide if there are any final tweaks.
We Have a Video Now What?
Companies will typically forget about this part but what happens next will determine what you get out of the video. Most businesses want the video on their website, which is a great idea but just the beginning.
Since you’ve already invested the time and money into making the video why not get the most out of it. Sites like YouTube, Vimeo and DailyMotion, can be great sources of traffic, plus they tend to rank in the search engines easier than your website for certain terms.
Our team at Growth Marketing can manage all of this for you allowing you to focus on your business. The first step is to fill out our Exploration Form this will allow us to give you relevant information at our first meeting.